Monday, October 20, 2014

I made it to the Philippines!


Kamusta kamo!

 

Just wanted to let you know that I made it to the Philippines safe and sound. We all made it safely and I am really excited. I am going to love it here, I  can already tell. I wasn't able to call, but I get to email. So the flights over were sooo long. The flight from Portland to Tokyo was a 12 hour flight, plus the flight to Manila was about 5. I am so excited to be here though. When I first got off the plane, right away I felt the humidity. It is rediculous out here! It literally feels like a steam room. We got into Manila at about 11 our time and then took a bus over here to the MTC. It is so awesome over here. Its really hot and humid, but way cool. You should see how everyone drives here. It was literally the most intense drive of my life. We were in a huge bus and on the highway, and there were cars everywhere and motorcycles and people everywhere. We were going down the highway and someone literally came out in the middle of the highway to wave down and get on another bus. It was crazy. Also we needed to turn around so we literally just flipped a u turn inbetween the median and stopped the whole road to turn around. haha it was intense. We are actually going to get to go out on exchanges today and go out into Manila and proselyte! I am so stoked! Even though the main language is Tagalog, I am stoked to get out in the city. We stay here for 5 days then head out to our missions on Wednesday. I wish you guys could see it here cause its really awesome. But I love you all and hope you are all doing well.

 

Gihigugma ta kamo

 

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment