Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Hey everone! 

Hope you had a great week! I had a decent one here myself in Bais. This week was busy again with trying out the new schedule visiting the jungle twice. It was kinda difficult cause  it is so far away. But like I shared last week, it is so worth going out to because Sister Lilya is great. She came to church again this last week and is preparing for baptism on the 19 of September. She is doing so great. 

We found out that our other IBD, Brother Mike, is not actually married to his girlfriend...which is a huge bummer because they are both so so ready to accept the gospel. Brother Mike is one of my favorite investigators I have had out here because he is just so willing to try the things we teach and is learning and growing so much. Just since my time here in Bais, I have seen a huge change in his countenance and it is so cool. The gospel changes people for the better no matter who it is. 

Just a cool little thing about this week....So out here in the  Philippines, there is cock fighting that people do for gambling and stuff like that, but they also do spider fighting! It is actually pretty sick. They go out and get these fighting spiders and fight them. Its awesome. I actually got two spiders myself and have been fighting them just for fun. Haha its really fun, just challenging people to fight spiders. My two spiders are doing pretty well. They have each won a couple matches and killed their opponents quickly. Haha its pretty cool.....just  a little something cool to let you guys know what I have been up to. Of course there is no gambling involved when we fight our spiders, but its just a fun thing we do for fun. And it is actually a great way to start conversations...just ask them if they have spiders to fight and boom....your automatically in with them.

Have a great week everyone, and stay safe! I love you all and miss you tons! 

Elder Davis 
This picture doesn't do the jungle any justice
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment