Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pistachio's

Hello everybody!

This week has been a really fast one. It is crazy how the time is really starting to move right on by. We have had a great week in the work here in Toboso. One of our investigators, Ham, committed to baptism on March 7th! I am so excited that he has finally committed to baptism. I have seen such a growth in him ever since we started teaching him. He has really started to gain a testimony. We have focused our lessons on the Book of Mormon and recognizing the Spirit answering questions. He is starting to realize that all of his answers are being answered through the Spirit and the Book of Mormon. Its amazing to see that process. I love him so much and am excited to continue helping him progress towards baptism.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the most powerful book on earth. It has converting power and can help anyone at any point in their life. Read it every single day and you will be blessed beyond what you can imagine.

Funny story, this week we were at  a less active families house and the sister pulled out these pistachio nuts and put them on the table for us to snack on. She said that they came from America because one of her friends sent them over. I couldn't remember what kind of nuts they were for the life of me. She kept asking what they were called in english but I could not remember for the life of me! Hahaha finally after like 4 days of thinking what they were called in English I remembered that they are pi
stachio nuts haha. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't remember! Haha it makes me worried to what other kinds of words I am going to forget over the course of 2 years haha!

Elder Davis


The Anderson's - They are the best

A service project for a recent convert. I thought construction in America was manual labor? Here in the Philippines brings that term to a whole new level. At least in America we have things like a shovel!

The new apartment in Toboso - bars on the window


No comments:

Post a Comment